Get Confidential Help 24/7
Eight Things We Know to Be True
- The opposite of addiction is not sobriety. The opposite of addiction is love and connection. Sobriety is a byproduct of living a loving and connected life.
- It is a great privilege to work in the field of addiction and recovery, serving those in their time of need.
- Our client’s needs are of primary importance. So long as we put the needs of our clients first, all else will follow.
- The foundational element of long-term recovery from addiction is the discovery of a new way of living; creating new and positive belief systems that support purposeful and happy lives.
- Supportive family involvement is highly valuable in the recovery process and is to be welcomed and encouraged.
- Living a connected life is essential to a successful and rewarding recovery; connection to your true self, your purpose, your loved ones, your community and to a power greater than yourself.
- The pain of addiction can be a great motivator. Pain creates motivation to change and change is essential to recovery. Many passionate and purposeful lives have been born from pain.
- Recovery is one of life’s most precious gifts, which is why we benefit from nurturing it so that it blossoms and flourishes.
Addiction and Recovery
We base the above philosophy of addiction recovery on decades of clinical research about what constitutes effective treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. These eight “fundamentals” are things that we not only know to be true, but that serve to guarantee the Beach House promise: freedom from addiction.
A shorter version, one that’s easier to remember, goes as follows:
- Love and connection matter a whole lot to recovery.
- So does your pain …
- Which is only a short walk from the power of a life in recovery …
- Starting with a willingness born of desperation.
- So never give up on hope.
- Don’t forget your family either — they need to be your partners in this process.
- Treasure your recovery as a gift.
- It’s worth the hard work
- You deserve it
- … and we’re positively delighted to help you achieve it.
What that means is that these core values don’t just shape our treatment approach (although they do this, too). They are actually foundational to what, how and why we do what we do at Beach House. They anchor our pledge to help you find freedom from addiction. They also undergird the way we help you do that. And, they are the reason why we do the work we do on our clients’ behalf. In this sense, our philosophy really does define who we are.
The above philosophy is one of the features of the Beach House experience that sets us apart. Learn more about What Sets Us Apart.