How to Find the Best Addiction Rehab for You
With so many options available online, it can be hard to know whether a prospective treatment center is both a safe and legitimate route for you or your loved one. That is why we have compiled this checklist to help you choose the best addiction treatment center.
- Continuity of Care from Detox Through IOP
- Medical Detox Unit and Licensed Pharmacy On-site
- 24/7 Medical Staff at the Facility
- Joint Commission Accreditation
- A Complete Psychiatric Assessment by a Licensed Psychiatrist
- On-Site Admissions Staff Available to Answer Questions and Explain the Program in Detail
- A Strong Online Reputation Including Real Reviews From Real Clients
- Up-to-Date Facility and Staff Bios Listed on the Website
- Active Social Media With Genuine Community Engagement
- Admissions Counselors Available by Phone On-Site 24/7
- Continuous Supportive Contact While the Client Is Traveling to Center
- Staff Members Who Greet Client Upon Arrival and Transport Them Safely to Facility
- A Low Client to Therapist Ratio of 8:1 or Less
- Licensed Clinicians Who Are Masters Level or Above
- An Individualized Clinical Program With Multiple Treatment Modalities Available
- A Full 7-day Schedule of Clinical programming for Residential Treatment
- Counseling and Housing in the Same Location
- Drug Testing Only as Medically Necessary and Not to Exceed 2x/Week
- A Strong Family Program That Includes Counseling and an On-site Intensive
- An Active Alumni Program With Regular Alumni Contact and Events
- A Supportive Step-down Model With Continuing Care
- Leadership in the Local Community Through Charitable and Ethics Organizations
Heal in an environment of medical and clinical excellence.
Other Pro Tips:
Along with this checklist, it’s always a helpful precaution to visit the treatment facility. Then you can see for yourself whether a drug or alcohol rehab program really does provide a full continuum of care that meets the above criteria. The best addiction treatment center will be happy to schedule a visit, provide an in-person tour and answer any questions.
If traveling is out of the question, calling the rehab facility is another way to get a good feel for the people who work there and their level of commitment to your recovery.
In addition to these tips for finding the best rehab center, the following articles can advise you on your options and help you get the quality of treatment you deserve: