Is alcohol ruining your life?
Get help now
At Beach House, we understand the challenges unique to recovery from an alcohol use disorder. That is why we have designed our 35-day Inpatient Alcohol Rehab program for anyone who knows they need professional help for managing alcohol triggers, addressing the root causes of their drinking and wants to stay successfully sober over a lifetime.
Following a medically supervised detox, clients live on campus in our new, state-of-the-art facility, which is located near miles of quiet beach preserve in the charming coastal town of Juno Beach, Florida. Within a warm, supportive and family-like environment, clients immerse themselves in an intensive daily routine, seven days a week, that includes group and individual therapies for alcohol.
Guided by caring and experienced medical and clinical professionals, clients learn new life skills and therapeutic coping tools, develop systems of support, such as 12-step recovery groups, and discover the ingredients of a healthy recovery lifestyle — all as part of the Beach House pledge: people, purpose and passion.
What Patients Can Expect from Our Inpatient Alcohol Program:
- 35-day medically supervised inpatient treatment
- 7:1 client-therapist ratio (well below industry standards)
- State-of-the-art, brand-new facility located near miles of quiet beach preserve
- Caring and experienced medical and clinical professionals
- Evidence-based clinical interventions
- 12-step recovery groups
- The option of family therapy through our Family Program
- Renowned high safety standard, including 24/7 one-on-one medical monitoring for clients who need it
The therapists and group facilitators did an amazing job in keeping me engaged while educating me on my disease and helping me process its emotional and behavioral components. The medical staff, especially nursing, made sure all of my medical needs were met on a daily basis. – Michelle
Inpatient Alcohol Rehab at Beach House – What Sets It Apart
Inpatient alcohol rehab at Beach House is characterized by a number of unique features that help to explain why our treatment outcomes consistently outperform the industry average.
We place a strong emphasis on “therapeutic alliance” (the degree of connection and rapport between a client and their therapist) and strive to provide this to every client who comes through our doors. Research suggests that a strong therapeutic alliance may be the single biggest predictor of success in recovery. For alcoholics in particular, a strong therapeutic alliance is even more critical to recovery.
I’ve personally witnessed what the research also shows: that a strong therapeutic alliance substantially improves clinical outcomes, by boosting client engagement and retention during treatment.” – Vice President of Clinical and Medical Services Anna Ciulla, LMHC, RD, LD
Other features of our inpatient alcohol rehab program that make Beach House a trusted provider for clients and families include:
- An OTP-certified, on-site pharmacy – Unlike many providers, Beach House enjoys the designation of being an “OTP” or “Opioid Treatment Program,” which is the highest level of certification that an addiction treatment provider can attain, based on a strict accreditation process that requires the oversight and approval of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. Our in-house pharmacy can therefore dispense all medications, from naltrexone to more highly regulated MATs, quickly, conveniently and right on site at our facility.
- Our track record in the community as a trusted Florida provider, including our reputation for high safety standards – Beach House medical staff can provide one-on-one, 24/7 medical monitoring to clients who need it. We also have strong working relationships with hospitals in the area, including Jupiter, JFK and Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, which regularly refer clients to us. Their close proximity also ensures that Beach House clients are guaranteed an extra layer of support and peace of mind in cases of medical emergency.
- Our facility and location – Our state-of-the art facility offers a full continuum of alcohol abuse care, all within the safety and convenience of one peaceful, self-contained campus in sunny Juno Beach, Florida.
Clients’ families have relief knowing that their loved one is in a safe place and working on their recovery. Clients have the same sense of relief.” – Dr. Manuel Montes, MD
What to Expect from an Inpatient Alcohol Rehab Program
The main goal of inpatient alcohol rehab is to provide clients with the recovery supports they need in order to achieve long-term freedom from alcohol. Beach House offers this in the form of a highly individualized plan of medically and clinically integrated care. Clients at this level of care receive ongoing monitoring by our medical team (as needed) for any post-detox occurrence of PAWS. They also participate in daily group and individual therapy. Our therapists are credentialed in the following evidence-based clinical interventions (also known as “best practices”) for alcohol use disorders:
- Trauma-Informed Therapy, including Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) skills, helps clients heal from the experiences of trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that are often at the root of substance abuse. Our therapists teach clients DBT skills that involve managing the painful emotions associated with a post-traumatic stress response so that clients can successfully overcome this very common relapse trigger. In addition to DBT skills, clients learn how to develop cognitive-behavioral tools through trauma-informed therapy, including grounding, resource building, safe place work and resiliency skills.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is another form of psychotherapy that, based on ongoing research into its comparative effectiveness next to other interventions, qualifies as a “best practice” in treating addiction. Our CBT-certified therapists work with clients to change the cognitive and behavioral patterns that feed their addiction to alcohol by replacing them with healthier coping skills, such as alternative forms of thinking, relating and acting.
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a client-centered form of substance abuse counseling that seeks to facilitate positive change and a desire for change on the part of the client. Through motivational interviewing, our therapists help gently steer clients towards freedom from addiction by encouraging greater self-awareness and a self-directed willingness to grow.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment can be very effective during inpatient drug rehab and after, depending on the person and the nature of their addiction. After a comprehensive assessment by our on-site, addictions-certified psychiatrist, clients may receive medication assistance for their particular chemical dependency and medical needs, and for any co-occurring diagnoses such as anxiety, depression or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Mindfulness Meditation has become an important component in alcohol addiction recovery programs across the nation. Multiple studies through the years have shown its effectiveness in treating substance use disorders like alcoholism. With the guidance of our experienced staff, clients at Beach House learn helpful techniques for practicing greater, non-judgmental attentiveness to their inner and outer worlds. Clients can take these tools with them when they leave, with the result that they become more resilient to relapse.
- Yoga, as another evidence-based practice promoting mindfulness and relaxation, yields great benefits for Beach House Clients. Certified yoga instructors lead clients through exercises that increase bodily awareness and holistic well-being (as the healthy integration of mind, body and spirit). Stress is a common trigger of relapse, so yoga can serve clients well as an effective stress-busting tool when they leave our facility.
- 12-Step Peer Support and Life Skills Groups feature prominently in our daily residential treatment program. Studies show that participation in 12-Step recovery groups like Alcoholics Anonymous significantly reduces the likelihood of relapse during the first critical year post-rehab. At Beach House, we offer 12-Step and other peer support options to our clients. Within the safety of these recovery groups, our clients learn crucial life skills pertaining to anger management, trauma-based issues, grief and loss counseling and cravings and relapse prevention.
- Family Therapy is a critical therapeutic dimension to finding freedom from addiction. Our family therapists invite clients’ closest support system into their healing and recovery process, with the understanding that this support network will be an essential safety net post-rehab.
Learn more about our Family Program.
Why 35+ Days of Inpatient Rehab Is the Recommended Treatment Protocol for Alcohol
Studies show that success rates significantly increase the longer someone is engaged in a program of alcohol treatment. Risks of relapse are also highest during the first months of recovery. This is especially true during the first month after detox, when alcohol cravings are strongest due to depleted levels of dopamine, the “feel good” neurotransmitter. We therefore recommend a minimum of 35 days of inpatient alcohol treatment to clients who may not be able to undertake a longer course of treatment.
Cravings occur because of low levels of dopamine in the brain, but with abstinence over an extended period of time—at least 90 days, according to scientific data—the brain can build up its dopamine reserves to near-normal levels, with the result that cravings recede in intensity and risks of relapse also decrease.” – Dr. Manuel Montes, MD
Post-acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS) — a phenomenon that 75 percent of recovering drinkers experience to some degree — is another reason we strongly recommend at least 35 days of inpatient alcohol rehab. Symptoms of PAWS can be serious and can include:
- Cravings for alcohol
- Cognitive difficulties
- Irritability and hostility
- Feelings of anxiety or panic
- Depressed mood
- Relationship issues
- Obsessive-compulsive behaviors
- Low motivation, apathy or pessimism
- Sleep problems
- Heightened sensitivity to stress
In the absence of medical and clinical supervision within a safe and sober living environment, one or more of the above symptoms can trigger an alcohol relapse.
There is also the reality that most alcohol-dependent clients need medical supervision as they taper off one or more medications, such as naltrexone, which may have been administered during detox in order to relieve cravings. Medical supervision also ensures a safe, comfortable and complete taper off alcohol.
Learn more about Medication-Assisted Treatment options for alcohol.
Finally, many clients with alcohol use disorder (AUD) have a co-occurring mental condition or “dual diagnosis” that typically requires a minimum of 30 days of post-detox medical supervision to be effectively diagnosed and treated.
Learn more about our Dual Diagnosis program.
Detox alone and discharge [without rehab] is almost 100 percent failure.” – Dr. Manuel Montes, MD
How to Know If You or a Loved One Needs Inpatient Treatment for Alcohol
Anyone with a diagnosable AUD can benefit from attending an inpatient rehab program. Here are some common signs to look for that may indicate the presence of an AUD that requires treatment:
- A repeated pattern of drinking despite negative consequences
- Drinking more and more in order to cope with stress or simply to function on a daily basis
- Physical dependence on alcohol, marked by cravings and symptoms of withdrawal in the absence of alcohol
- Engaging in risky behaviors such as driving under the influence
- Alcohol-related problems at work or school and/or in personal relationships
- Alcohol-related troubles with the law
- Unsuccessful past attempts to quit drinking
How Much Does Alcohol Inpatient Rehab Cost?
One concern among many clients and families is how to afford the cost of an alcohol inpatient rehab program. The good news is that high-quality alcohol treatment doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg, thanks to federal law that now requires insurance providers to offer coverage for alcohol rehab. Beach House accepts all major insurance carriers. We also offer flexible financing options to help clients afford inpatient treatment.