Residential treatment at Beach House comprises a full continuum of substance abuse care that, at every level, is characterized by a rigorous and abiding commitment to clinical excellence.
At Beach House, we demonstrate this commitment to clinical excellence in the following ways:
- Therapeutic Alliance – Research shows that the “therapeutic alliance” between client and therapist (meaning the strength of their emotional connection and collaboration) is the most important predictor of a positive treatment outcome. We train our staff to create, evaluate and improve therapeutic alliance, with a view to optimizing treatment outcomes in real time. Our “Therapeutic Alliance” section lays out the research for why we use this tool.
- Clinical Supervision – Clinical supervision pairs each of our therapists with a supervisor who routinely reviews and evaluates the therapist’s one-on-one work with clients—always with the goal of optimizing treatment outcomes on behalf of every client in our care.
- Family Program – Our family program is an evidence-based intervention for families that educates them about the family dynamics of addiction, addresses any underlying issues that could impede their loved one’s recovery, and helps families prepare for life with a loved one in early recovery. For more details about our commitment to family therapy, see our “Family Involvement” section.
- Multidisciplinary Team Treatment Meetings – These weekly team meetings involve key members of the medical and clinical teams, as well as (where appropriate) other staff involved in the client’s care, in the regular assessment of clients’ plans of care and progress in meeting treatment objectives.
- Outcomes Tracking – We routinely track our treatment outcomes. You can acquaint yourself with those outcomes and how we track them using an independent third party and through the implementation of standardized outcome measurements.
Our 35-Day Residential Substance Abuse Program
Our residential treatment center takes inpatient substance abuse treatment to the highest level in quality substance abuse care, by integrating the above clinical excellence practices with the following evidence-based characteristics of addiction treatment that works:
- A Client-Directed, Outcome-Informed approach (CDOI)
- Evidence-based best practices
- And, short-term medication assistance (where needed)
Beach House Inpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
For a glimpse of the residential treatment experience that is Beach House’s signature offering to clients, then, imagine the following:
- A caring, compassionate and experienced clinical staff, driven and united by one single, overarching goal for their clients: a future free of addiction, fully reinvigorated thanks to people, purpose and passion
- Our new, world class detox and treatment facility, with its welcoming staff and cozy furnishings, perched next door to a scenic nature preserve in the idyllic seaside setting of Juno Beach, Florida
- An all-inclusive treatment package that in both breadth and depth of clinical care options meets the individualized needs of every client coming through our doors, whatever the chemical dependency
- The latest clinical advances in treating addiction, from medication-assisted treatment and evidence-based therapies to 12-step recovery groups and other peer support communities — and so much more. Learn more about our Inpatient Alcohol Rehab and Inpatient Drug Rehab.
Why Residential Treatment at Beach House?
At Beach House, our commitment to clinical excellence begins with the recognition that finding freedom from addiction starts with a great act of vulnerability and courage on the part of those entering treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction. We understand that no matter how rewarding the eventual outcome of the Beach House experience and a future free of addiction, entering inpatient treatment can be incredibly scary nonetheless. Yes, setting foot for the first time in our residential treatment center is a first step in the direction of lasting freedom from addiction, but it’s also one of the most frightening decisions a person with a chemical dependency can make.
That’s because acclimating to life without one’s drug(s) of choice is a huge adjustment, and this change can be immensely uncomfortable, if not painful, for multiple reasons…
- The physical symptoms of withdrawal in detox
- A sustained period of separation from one’s familiar surroundings, including work, friends and family
- Emergence in therapy of emotionally difficult and sometimes disturbing issues like trauma or abuse, for which substance abuse served as a convenient avoidance strategy, however self-destructive
- Contemplation of having to cope with life’s stresses moving forward without the same old, broken crutch of drugs or alcohol
These are some of the many reasons why entering residential treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction can prove daunting for prospective clients. At Beach House, we’re sensitive to these hurdles on the path to freedom from addiction, and we strive to make them scalable — with the conviction that every patient who comes through our doors can find freedom from a drug or alcohol addiction.
To this end, inpatient substance abuse treatment at our center draws on a full and comprehensive continuum of care, one that equips clients with the information and support they need to take the next necessary step in their recovery and to plug into just the right program for their individual needs.