We define clinical excellence as addiction treatment that delivers the best recovery outcomes possible. By the same definition, clinical excellence is: measurable by certain standardized benchmarks for progress in recovery; and achievable with particular practices in place.
Referring professionals can thus rest assured that when they refer people to us, they are placing them in an environment that will optimize their prospects of long-term recovery and freedom from drugs and alcohol.
This section will further acquaint prospective referral partners with the distinctive ways in which our programs strive for clinical excellence and the best possible long-term outcomes—as well as, in keeping with this goal, how we work with our referral partners to ensure their input in the therapeutic process and support their ongoing work with the client following discharge from treatment.
How We Work with Referral Partners
We value the input of our referral partners at every stage of the therapeutic process, whether upon client admission, during treatment, or following discharge. Here’s how we work with our referral partners to ensure we have their trust and to honor their collaborative role in their client’s longer-term recovery:
- Prior to admission, we encourage the client to sign “Release of Information” forms that permit us to be in touch with you regarding the client’s medical or mental health history and treatment objectives.
- We take seriously the information that you provide us, as well as recommendations you may have that might inform the client’s treatment plan. In essence, your feedback joins that of other members of our multidisciplinary team, which meets weekly to discuss the client’s progress in treatment.
- We provide you with regular progress updates to keep you informed about how the client is doing in treatment.
- And, because we recognize that one measure of clinical excellence is retention in therapy following treatment, at the time of the client’s discharge we touch base with you, as a way to ensure the client has an effective follow-up plan in place that supports their long-term recovery.
What Sets Us Apart
The following distinctive elements are what set our programs apart and make our recovery center a leading model of clinical excellence nationwide:
- Therapeutic Alliance – Research has tied better treatment outcomes to the presence of a strong therapeutic alliance between client and therapist. The degree to which a client perceives their therapist to be warm, collaborative and empathetic is one critical measure of this alliance and its potential for helping the client enact core change. All of our staff are therefore trained to create therapeutic alliance, and are measured accordingly, with a view to improving treatment outcomes in real time.
- Clinical Supervision – Clinical supervision is another important feature of the clinical excellence that Beach House upholds. Our therapists meet regularly with a clinical supervisor to review and discuss videotaped sessions of their work with actual clients, so that improvements to care can be made in real time. This helps us ensure that quality care is being provided and that we are best able to help our clients meet their treatment objectives.
- Family Program – Our family program is a three-day immersion in the family dynamics of addiction and therapeutic tools for recovery, based on research that shows how addiction, as a family disease, benefits from interventions that address the family system. For more details about our commitment to family, see our “Family Involvement” section.
- Multidisciplinary Team Treatment Meetings – These weekly team meetings bring together key members of the medical and clinical teams, as well as (where appropriate) other staff involved in the client’s care, in order to discuss the client’s progress in treatment and collaborate over next steps in care.
- Outcomes Tracking – Because we are results-driven and always striving for clinical excellence, we routinely track our treatment outcomes. We have employed an independent company to help us collect data regarding these outcomes. The goal is always to provide the very best outcomes on behalf of each client entrusted to our care.