Our commitment to clinical excellence shapes our therapeutic approach and its emphasis on five evidence-based “modalities” (or therapeutic specialties) that clients receive during their time with us, in both group and individual settings. An experienced clinician—with training and expertise in the respective modality they oversee—administers each specialty. These five modalities embody our distinctive culture of love and connection as the basis for successful recovery:
- “Trauma Resolution” helps clients process experiences of trauma and develop healthy coping skills for dealing with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), through role-play exercises and one-on-one therapy in a safe, supportive environment.
- “Authentic Self” is where clients discover their passions, explore personal strengths and core values, nurture a greater sense of self-worth, and connect more deeply with their life purpose.
- “Healthy Relationships” supports the delicate but necessary work of healing in intimate relationships, by helping clients relate to others, develop better communication skills, articulate healthier boundaries, and begin and sustain relationships that support their recovery.
- “12-Step Co-Facilitation/Relapse Prevention” introduces clients to the 12 Steps and teaches them how to apply these time-tested spiritual principles to their own recovery.
- “Spirituality and Core Change” provides clients with tools for engaging and practicing spirituality as a catalyst for long-term sobriety.
Clients start learning about these five areas of our therapeutic curriculum in our Detox/Intensive Inpatient program. They begin to attend these five specialty groups upon admission to our Residential/Partial Hospitalization Program— and, by the time they move into our Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient programs, clients are ready to practice the life integration of these new skills.
Learn more about Beach House’s treatment philosophy, programs and what makes us different.