Our 90-day, intensive outpatient drug and alcohol rehab program gives clients graduating from residential treatment the opportunity to capitalize on our long-term rehab services and to maximize a successful recovery outcome.
Studies show that the longer a course of addiction treatment, the greater one’s chances of avoiding relapse and finding lasting freedom from addiction. Our intensive outpatient program thus lets patients extend their treatment experience over the course of an additional 90 days. During this time, clients enjoy access to the same rehab services made available to them during residential treatment, and gradually over time transition to greater self-sufficiency in their journey towards a future free from addiction.
This step-down approach to recovery means clients begin outpatient rehab with a high level of programmatic support, structure and accountability (meaning five days a week of group and individual therapies, peer support groups, life skills training and mentorship and other scheduled activities). Our clients then incrementally progress to greater independence, so that five days tapers down to three days a week of the same offerings and eventually to one therapy session a week in continuing care.
In this journey towards greater independence and responsibility for their own recovery, Beach House clients benefit from the same clinical and programmatic focus that undergirds their residential treatment experience – namely, people, purpose and passion, the Beach House pledge that signifies what freedom from addiction uniquely means to us.
Outpatient Rehab Services
During their time in our intensive outpatient program, clients can draw upon the following rehab services (also available during residential treatment), depending on their individual needs:
- Evidence-based therapies, like Eye Movement Desensitization (EMDR), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Motivational Interviewing (MI), which in multiple clinical trials have proven effective in treating addiction
- Peer support and life skills groups that provide clients with supportive relationships and tools for coping with life transitions, stress, traumatic memories and emotions like anger and grief — all of which support clients’ long-term recovery needs
- Mindfulness meditation and yoga exercises that when practiced daily build focus, offer relaxation, deepen spiritual connection and reduce stress
- Maintenance of medication-assisted treatment – be it for a particular substance abuse disorder or co-occurring disorder like generalized anxiety or depression, among other dual diagnosis
- Family therapy that equips clients and their families with resources and education in relapse prevention, asserting healthy boundaries, and relating interpersonally with a loved one in recovery
- One-on-one coaching and mentorship from one of our alumni
Just as entering treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction can be scary, so can the prospect of having to leave the safe, inviting confines of our rehab center in order to embark on a future free of addiction outside our walls. That’s because our friendly and informed staff, caring peer community, and peaceful surroundings — even the rigorous daily routine of our therapeutic offerings, seven days a week, that comprises residential treatment — can quickly become a home away from home for Beach House clients. Leaving that home can be intimidating. Our intensive outpatient program eases this transition to full independence, while boosting clients’ prospects of a future that’s forever free of addiction’s stranglehold.