Benefits of Going to an In-Network Rehab Facility
Beach House Center for Recovery participates in Humana’s preferred provider network, meaning that Humana-insured clients can receive coverage for detox, inpatient, outpatient and/or aftercare services that they receive at our rehab center. To better understand the difference between in-network and out-of-network insurance, read our Learning Center article about the differences between insurance coverages for rehab.
Health benefits and coverage will depend on your particular Humana policy. To get personalized Humana-related advice, contact our free, 24/7 helpline at (844) 264-4412. Our insurance assistance specialist can provide you with more details about your insurance benefits, based on your individual Humana policy and treatment needs, like:
- Does Humana cover drug and alcohol detox?
- Will Humana pay for my entire stay for detox and recovery?
- What are my estimated out of pocket costs be for drug or alcohol rehab with Humana coverage?
- What types of rehab programs will my Humana insurance cover? i.e.- inpatient/residential treatment, dual-diagnosis, outpatient programs, rehab aftercare services, etc.
For more information about Humana and the types of addiction treatment that Humana covers, read on. You’ll also get answers to questions about in-network versus out-of-network benefits, our payment assistance programs (in instances where Human coverage may be limited) and the Humana preauthorization process.
Types of Treatment That Humana Covers
Humana’s various insurance plans give numerous treatment options. Depending on where you live and the specific provisions of your plan, Humana may cover some of the costs of:
- Inpatient services, including detox, that provide round-the-clock medical supervision and behavioral counseling within a highly structured, residential environment
- Outpatient services, in the form of group and individual therapies that clients can receive while living on campus (through our intensive outpatient program) and after they return home (via a more minimal but continuing level of care)
- Aftercare Services that may include ongoing medication maintenance and individual therapy sessions
- Treatment for Co-occurring Disorders, mental health disorders that coexist with substance abuse and also often require treatment
How to Verify Your Humana Coverage and Find the Best Treatment
The best way to verify your Humana coverage and find the best treatment is to call our helpline at (844) 264-4412. By using an online preauthorization tool that Humana Behavioral Health makes available to in-network providers, we have 24-hour access to member benefit information and network status details— and, we can obtain fast pre-authorizations for treatments deemed medically necessary, such as:
- Intensive outpatient care
- Partial hospitalization
- Acute inpatient psychiatric care
- Acute inpatient detoxification
- Psychological and neuropsychological testing
- Routine outpatient services
How to Afford Treatment – Key Considerations
Addiction treatment can be expensive, but in-network benefits with Humana can cover most of these costs. (Again, what you owe will depend on your Humana plan.) If you’re wondering about how to afford treatment, keep in mind the following considerations:
- The cost benefits of in-network treatment (versus out-of-network) – You can save substantially by choosing an in-network treatment provider. That is because in-network providers have contracted with insurance companies to provide discounted treatment services.
- Beach House offers payment assistance plans. These include flexible self-payment plans that let you pay back any remaining cost that Humana does not cover in installments that are comfortable for you; and we offer a wide range of financing options, including credit cards, health care credit cards, personal loans, home equity loans and specialized loan services.
- Evidence-based treatments are key to getting your money’s worth in care. Not all in-network treatment providers deliver evidence-based practices that achieve the best possible recovery outcomes. Be careful to do your research.
For a short (and free) consultation with our insurance assistance specialist, call us at (844) 264-4412 or you can verify your insurance in the form below. Just click “Verify Insurance.”