Beach House is proud and honored to be accredited by the Center of Excellence & Behavioral Health Certification Program. The prestigious certification is reserved for the top treatment facilities and programs.
What is a Center of Excellence (COE)?
Powered by AmWins, a fifteen-billion-dollar insurer, a Center of Excellence is awarded to medical organizations which demonstrate the highest levels of leadership as well as clinical quality and care in a specialized field. The organization goes above and beyond the state and federal guidelines. A COE organization must
- Follow best practices
- Use progressive treatment approaches
- Take a strong personalized team approach including both the patient and family
- Provide ongoing staff development and academic research.
Establishing a Gold Standard in the Addiction Treatment Industry
In the addiction treatment industry, there currently is not currently one set of agreed-upon operating principles or regulatory requirements. As such, the COE accreditation establishes a standard for the quality of care and organizational performance. The COE accreditation can be used to identify recovery programs meeting and exceeding the stringent requirements and operating at the highest standards.
Beach House is currently the only addiction center to be credited by the Center of Excellence & Behavioral Health Certification Program.
Center of Excellence Accreditation Requirements
Beach House is proud to not only meet but exceed the following minimum standards required of all COE treatment programs:
- Expert Clinicians – must be well-trained and credentialed with a minimum of a Master’s level degree.
- Ongoing training – A COE facility provides robust clinical training programs to ensure clinicians up to date and continue to improve their skills.
- Leading Technology – use top of the line technology across all aspects of the business and clinical operations including integrated electronic health records and strong case management systems.
- Evidence-Based Treatment – All clinical services provided to patients must be “evidence-based” and serve as “practice-based evidence” to develop innovative new practices.
- Care of Co-Occurring Disorders – follow an integrated approach treating both addiction and the co-occurring mental health conditions or co-existing addictions.
- A COE center has the medical and psychiatric staff specially trained to treat the co-occurring disorders.
- Performance Measurement Systems – robust measurement and reporting of all aspects of the organization including patient outcomes. COE facilities strive towards creating the standard for all programs.
- Commitment To Quality & Process Improvement – participation in national benchmarking efforts to improve processes and quality of care in the industry.
- Full Continuum Care – a full range of services for both the patient and family including detox for residential, partial hospitalization patient (PHP, intensive out patient (IOP), and out patient (OP) care.
- Extensive family programming including the education, support, and referrals.
- Transitional recovery care programs/Post treatment for both patients and the family.
- Education And Scholarship – ongoing educational and scholarship for further professional development as well as fellowships and internships.
- Advocacy – be a leading voice in the addiction field through participation in national trade associations, local community education and support, and more.
- Sound & Ethical Business Practices
- A Broad Reach – practices diversity and inclusion.
- Staff Development – internal staff development and progression.